segunda-feira, 23 de fevereiro de 2015
Toshiaki Tsushima - Japanese Funk (& Jazz)
Toshiaki Tsushima - Cops vs Thugs OST
[Japanese title: Kensatsu tai Kumiori Bouryoku]
Fukasaku was on a serious roll in the early 70’s. In addition to 1975’s Cops Vs. Thugs, he pushed out such Jap mob baddies as Graveyard Of Honor, Yakuza Graveyard, Blackmail Is My Life, Street Mobster, Sympathy For The Underdog, and of course, the multi-part The Yakuza Papers, which some have described on the Internet as the “Japanese Godfather”.
Like Graveyard Of Honor, this one weaves thug life, local politics, and good ol’ human barbarism into a fascinating tale that doesn’t go on too long yet leaves this viewer satisfied and tired. The cinematography is similar to that of film noir (with scenes that sometimes switch over into B&W, when a character is recalling past events), with lots of shadows and gloom, and an ultra-cool Toshiaki Tsushima soundtrack that alternates between funky wah-wah guitar jams and downbeat, melancholy saxophone huffing. Fukasaku really knows how to bring an already intriguing storyline even more to life with those ever-important support aspects.
1. Toshiaki Tsushima - Toho Mark (2:12)
2. Toshiaki Tsushima - Main Title - The Chase (2:46)
3. Toshiaki Tsushima - Hisano and Hirotani (1:47)
4. Toshiaki Tsushima - Bribe Suspect (0:53)
5. Toshiaki Tsushima - The Confrontation (3:03)
6. Toshiaki Tsushima - Hisano Shoots Hirotani (2:17)
7. Toshiaki Tsushima - End (0:50)
Embora com músicas muito curtas, SONZEIRA DE PRIMEIRA....